Tiltaway Beds is a New Zealand Owned and Operated company and have the distribution rights to import and market wallbed machanisms manufactured by Murphy Beds of Canada. Murphy beds have been Designers, Manufacturers and Distributors since 1975, offering stateof- the art disappearing beds engineered to world class standards and certification.
Tiltaway Beds and beside cabinets are made toorder in our modern Mount Maunganui factory. Our in house cabinet makers continually strive to produce quality cabinetry using skilled craftsmanship and only the best products.
With space being a premium in any home, apartment, bach or townhouse wallbeds are having a resurgence in North America, Japan and now New Zealand. You now have a choice of multi-purpose use in any room.
The original bolt-to-the-floor, bi-fold door foldaway beds are no longer. Over the last 25 years Murphy Beds have tested many bed lift systems, gas struts, bicycle chain counter balances and torsion spring beds, none of which compare with our product. Some of our foldaway beds clear the floor by just centimeters, optimizing your valuable floor space.
Murphy Beds have developed our guaranteed, 18 spring lift system, with patented safe tubular steel manual fold-away leg
ELITE ALUMINIUM BED-FRAME
The patented Elite Aluminium Bed Frame (ABF) is designed to exceed both Residential and Commercial standards.
Tiltaway Beds can supply the bed cabinet (the box that houses the bed) in your choice of Melteca, Melamine or Lacquered colours and finishes.
SIDE CABINETS (OPTIONAL)
Tiltaway Beds offer a range of side cabinets 600mm x 600mm cabinet using 18mm board, which are referred to as the “600 Series“. All the side cabinets include a slide out bed side table. We also have a popular 600mm wide x 403 mm deep series to match the bed depth.
Tiltaway Beds has also recently introduced the new “Retro” range. This is a more modern style using 30mm board and the cabinet face is flush with the bed cabinet, the dimensions for the Retro range are 403mm x 400mm.
Side cabinets can be made to any size depending on your room.
- 10 year full replacement guarantee and 5 year commercial
- available in vertical or side tilt options
- king single to queen size (king on request)
- safe, soft rubber, non-marking feet
- new heavy duty patented steel tubular fold-out legs and crossbar prevent damage should the bed be closed without folding the legs away first - industrial design patent
- designed for standard size innerspring mattress up to 250 mm deep
- bed has been tested to 545 kg dead weight loading, made possible by much stronger metal-to-metal connections, compared to any wood frame model, which is connected metal to wood
- engineered to I.S.O.9002 (International Standards Organisation), certified worldwide quality
- cabinetry is available in melamine, melteca and a 2 Pot lacquered paint finish
- all structural components are manufactured using 18 mm board
- state-of-the-art machinery ensures a precision engineered product
- bed mechanism is designed exclusively for our proven Patented Elite ABF which provides fingertip operation
- all our cabinets are easily mounted at the top to your wall
- bed protrudes only 403 mm from the wall when closed